Squirrels love to hide in the attics as it is one of the best places for them to live in comfort. They can live there without any fear and can easily find stuff to eat and a place to give birth. Moreover, in the cold weather, attics keep them warm, and they get to avoid human interaction. It is not very hard for squirrels to get into your attic as they are very active animals. They can easily jump from one place to another, and they have a lot of fun doing that. If you see Squirrels in attic, don’t panic as it is possible to get rid of them.
How to Look for Squirrels in Attic?
In order to look for squirrels in your attic, you must regularly look for their symptoms. Following are some of the signs that might help you in finding them:
- If squirrels have been living in your attic for long, you will notice their droppings here and there.
- When squirrels decide to take refuge in your attic, they will cause some damage to it. Look for the signs of the damage. It can be as small as a torn magazine or as big as damaged electric wires given the fact that they are excellent chewers.
- Squirrels often produce unwanted noises that can easily help you in locating the place where they live at.
Why Squirrels are Dangerous for Your Attic?
There is so much damage that these squirrels can cause to your attic. Following points will help you understand why you need to get rid of them:
- They can cause serious electric hazards because of their chewing habit. They can easily bite and damage wires and insulations and may even cause the fire.
- And they can cause major damage to your house’s roof. They love to fly around, and they will chew their way into your house through the house’s roof.
- If they take up residence in your attic, this won’t stop them from destroying other parts of your house. They will still be a threat to your garden when they will set out to look for food.
- And they can weaken the structure of your house as they love to chew wood. If they keep chewing for too long, it will do no good to your house.
- Many pests including squirrels can spread a lot of diseases. Although squirrels don’t usually come with a lot of health hazards but they are still a threat.
How to Getting Rid of Squirrels in the Attic?
Following are the steps that you can take to get rid of the squirrels in attic:
- Make sure to properly seal your attic and don’t leave any entry room for squirrels or other pests. You can even use wire mesh to cover up any holes.
- Create an exit for squirrels to leave your attic. You can also trap them inside but its best to let them go and not come back.
- Use some good squirrels repellent, although this may not work every time.
If none of this works, you can even call a squirrel removal service to help you.